Read this first selection and answer the following questions:
1. Provide a (reasonably possible) specific example of each of the four potential contributions of evolutionary ethics
referenced on the first page of the reading.
2. What would be James' response to someone who attempted to use evolutionary ethics in a courtroom as a defense
for committing a crime?
3. What would be an evolutionary explanation for why penguins can swim with great agility?
4. What would be an evolutionary explanation for why penguins experience fear when seeing very large shadows from
the surface of the water?
5. One of the modules suggested is a mechanism for chosing mates. What are two other mechanisms of the human mind
which it is reasonable to believe are modular?
6. Provide one example of a behavior which is adaptive, but not an adaptation and an example of a behavior which is
an adaptation, but is not adaptive.