Read this second selection and answer the following questions:
1. Why does a bee's willingness to sacrifice himself for the good of the hive seem contrary to Darwinian evolution?
2. From the gene-centered point of view, why does the bee's sacrifice make sense?
3. Why is an individual naturally more inclined to help their brother than their third-cousin?
4. If a stranger asks us for a loan of twenty dollars, we may hesitate to agree. But if someone from whom we have
previously borrowed money asks us the same question, we agree much more readily. Why is this?
5. Why are we annoyed by people who ask often for favors, but then refuse to return them?