Read this fourth selection and answer the following questions:
1. Why does it make sense to have evolved the capacity for guilt?
2. Why does it make sense to have evolved such an acute sense of detecting whether someone's guilt is honest or not?
3. Why does it make sense to have evolved such a strong desire to punish those who have committed immoral acts?
4. One of the foundations of morality is sense of fairness or justice. How is the evolution of reciprocity related to these?
5. There is good evidence for empathy and a willingness to help others in young children. Why are these valuable traits to
6. What does the study involving Amish children indicate about our innate sense of morality?