Read pages 135 to the top of 156 and answer the following questions:
1. What is the conservative argument against abortion?
2. What problems arise when one attempts to specify a dividing line between fetus and child?
3. What are the liberal arguments in favor of abortion rights and why does Singer find them insufficient?
4. Are you more inclined towards Thomson's model of rights or Singer's utilitarianism? What is one problem that
your choice solves and another that your choice raises?
5. What is Singer's response to the conservative syllogism?
6. Which of the three positions (conservative, liberal, or Singer's) do you agree with and why?
7. What is Singer's response to the argument about abortion ending a potential person? Do you agree or disagree?