Read this first section of Carnap and answer the following in 500 words:
1. According to Carnap, what is the difference between a fact and a law? Provide an example of each not used in the reading. What is the relationship between the two concepts?
2. What are the essential components of any explanation? Provide an example not in the reading.
3. What is an example of a statistical law not in the reading?
4. Why is the statement, "4 + 5 = 9" relatively uninformative?
5. What are the essential components of any prediction? Provide an example not in the reading.